View Single Post
Old 05 May 2023, 01:12   #10
karloch

Quote:
Originally Posted by phx View Post
And I am responsible for the sorry state it is in.

Adam Ciarcinski started the port around 2000 and I worked a lot on it between 2008 and 2010 until I realized that it will never reach a stable and usable state.

You don't need a miniroot. There is "gobsdppc" to launch NetBSD/amigappc kernels from AmigaOS. You can do the initial userland installation of amigappc from a NetBSD/amiga system. I have a working amigappc partition on my A3000/CSPPC.
It's an honor to meet you. Even if it didn't go past experimental, thank you so much for the work. Just for curiosity, what made you realize it would never reach an stable and usable state? I never went into the PPC route in the Amiga, so I wondered whatever the PPC was able to talk with the existing Amiga custom chips or the m68k was needed between them, that I image would make thing really tricky and difficult (just wondering, I have null knowledge in the subject).

Quote:
Originally Posted by phx View Post
Alain sent me the patch. I'm currently checking the sources and build a full release for testing purposes. I will probably commit his work tomorrow when all goes well.
I envy the big box Amigas for having hardware options like that Even if I don't have the chance to use a ZZ9000, I am really happy for the work of done in bringing new Amiga hardware support into NetBSD.

Page generated in 0.04282 seconds with 11 queries