View Single Post
Old 16 February 2023, 12:13   #1699
SnkBitten
Amithlon Fanatic

Amithlon doesn't like more than 1GB available memory, primarily from how Bernie was kicking out the bios memory/PCI addressing and shoving it all into a particular area. Some system's bios didn't have issues with this but most do. The init string limit is to allow what is configured for AmigaOS as kernel, drivers, the remapped PCI addressing, etc.. are taking up the remaining ram and may or may not need additional space. One of my systems has to have the 'mem=' string set to 752M while the other is fine with out the 'mem=' statement at all. Both are physically 1GB of memory installed.

My Virtualbox configuration is 1024MB for the Amithlon virtual and my init string for kernel4 is as follows:

kernel4 init=/linuxrc console_level=0 root=/dev/ram1 initrd=smallird.gz ram=1024M vga=773 ramdisk_size=2310 leavepages=5000 nosleep

Additionally, setting aside space with 'ramdisk_size=' and 'leavepages=' can also affect how much ram your system can allocate for AmigaOS, if set higher than what's needed.

Page generated in 0.04254 seconds with 11 queries