View Single Post
Old 13 January 2023, 20:54   #29
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by A500+ View Post
The only thing to note - and I assume this is actually the expected/correct behaviour - is that with a 2 player config using the controller that was originally mapped to player 2 is still mapped to player two even if it is the only controller plugged in. Before (on the "working" machine) it would switch to player 1 if it was the only pad and would only be assigned to player 2 when both pads were connected simultaneously. Like I say though I'm assuming that was to do with the bug and the new behaviour is actually the correct/expected behaviour?
I am not sure if I understood. "Player" assignments should not change (selected custom entry is not changed).

Or did you mean selected custom #x entry was mapped to connected pad even if it was supposed to be mapped to other custom #x entry (in other joystick port)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by A500+ View Post
Actually after more testing that hasn't fixed it. Is there way to map two controllers such that they will occupy player 1 and player 2 slots when they're both plugged in, but either one plugged in on it's own will only occupy player 1 slot? It's not a big problem if not - I can live with it. I'm just curious is all.
I don't think this is possible automatically.

btw, winuae.7z updated, now also hotplugging should work correctly.

Page generated in 0.04492 seconds with 11 queries