View Single Post
Old 08 December 2022, 02:47   #14
ImmortalA1000

I got a launch day A1200 in the UK at 9am in the morning, by the time the 12 month warranty was over we are talking just before Xmas 1993 even for me. There was no way I was going to void the C= warranty for some corner shop warranty to have a drive fitted. You couldn't open up the A1200 to fit the drive without destroying the warranty seal so that was a huge problem and I never did that either.

I would have paid the extra £100 just to get a HDD equipped 20mb model but nobody had them, don't know anybody who found a HDD equipped A1200 in the stores either back then. More of a warranty thing than a price of drives thing.

By 1996 when I sold my PC as Commodore were dead I just added a Japanese Saturn in Xmas 1996 (Sega Rally and VF2!) to go with my launch day PS1 I already had. The rest of my money went on the new fangled mortgage and between work and PS1/Saturn gaming I didn't really have time for things like Desktop Video on Amiga by then anyway so all I did was a bit of gaming on them and some doodles on Dpaint etc which the stock A1200 was fine for. My VLAB Y/C card was in my A2000 anyway which had 5mb and 48mb Supra hardcard.

Page generated in 0.04215 seconds with 11 queries