View Single Post
Old 06 December 2022, 14:25   #19
rabidgerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by EctoOne View Post
I didn't knew that WBLoad is already part of WB3.2, I recently found a tool with the same name in the CLICon package and I thought you were talking about that. That's why I was so confused why you haven't tried some of the other available tools.

Good to know that WB3.2 already comes with all those features though.
It does, but sometimes it is nice to have a little extra commands or features so you might still have uses forr CLIcon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tero View Post
That depends how you want the programm to be launched.

If the command is a CLI command you have to use 'address command' which uses some additional apostrophes:
Code:
MENU ADD NAME '"iGame"' TITLE '"\Start...\iGame"' CMD "'address command ''sys:tools/igame/igame'''"
If you want the Icon of the programm processed to use tooltypes or the default tool just add wbload:
Code:
MENU ADD NAME '"shell"' TITLE '"\Start...\Shell"' CMD "'address command ''wbload sys:system/shell'''"
For starting a normal CLI script use execute:
Code:
MENU ADD NAME '"jitoff"' TITLE '"\UAE\JIT\JIT Off"' CMD "'address command ''execute s:uae_scripts/jitoff'''"
If you want to start an arexx script or other arexx commands, there are no additional apostrophes as the menu script itself is arexx:
Code:
MENU ADD NAME '"drawertemp"' TITLE '"\Drawers\Temp"' CMD "rexx:win ram:t"
With this 4 ways to start stuff you can do, more or less, everything. All that's left is writing or downloading some usefull scripts. Some good ones are in the T.H.E. package found on Aminet.
Thank you so much for this.

I have been using your examples.

Now I had a shortcut to load Dopus from the menu. It worked no problem. However the CFG file was not being loaded. My knowledge was not able to figure out why. However from your menutools script I saw you used WBLoad as the command to open Dopus, so I used this and HEY PRESTO! The cfg file loaded alongside the program.

This is really great knowledge so thanks for sharing.

So far have created this -

Also attached my menutools

Attached Files
File Type: rar menutools.rar (4.4 KB, 66 views)

Last edited by rabidgerry; 06 December 2022 at 14:32.

Page generated in 0.04441 seconds with 12 queries