Thread: Uridium I Demo
View Single Post
Old 01 December 2022, 12:36   #14
mindeater

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCD View Post
First of all welcome to EAB

So this demo was a fan project, but you ended up showing it to Graftgold? What was your connetion with Angels / Defjam (if you can tell us )?

Do you still have another demo version?

I think I'll create an entry for the demo on HOL soon. The story behind it is quite interesting.
Thanks for the welcome.

I guess it was more than a fan project, in that AndyW had perhaps unrealistic expectations that we might release the completed project as a retail Amiga/ST conversion. I was only a kid back then.

Thats what led us to visit GGold and start to form that relationship.

As for connections to Angels/Defjam, while I never had any official involvement with any teams like that, things were very different back then wrt distribution of content, what with no internet (how old am I!).

Everything was done my snail mail, with people I used to know sending batches of disks of in order to share the latest warez.

I believe a friend of mine had some connection into that world and used to beg us for 'cool stuff' to send, I've asked him if he can shed any more light on it as we're still very much in touch. We were always putting various demos and projects together which would inevitably get put out and get 'cracked' (distributed) by somoene else.

I doubt I have a version of the demo, I have a bunch of Amiga discs in the loft, but I don't know if they'd still be usable and if they were, its unlikely I'd find anything related to that from so long ago.

I've attached a pic of the original C64 printout of the Uridium alien wave data, the hand writing is Andrew Braybrook's, still gives me goose bumps that I met him.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2022-11-27 16.59.32.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	709.8 KB
ID:	77279  

Page generated in 0.04516 seconds with 12 queries