Thread: Tf1260
View Single Post
Old 04 November 2022, 15:52   #451
rabidgerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedalus View Post
The maximum core temperature is listed as 110 degrees C, though you really wouldn't want it anywhere near there for long. I got temperature readings from the core sensor (which isn't very accurate) of around 75 degrees before it started crashing. That corresponded to a chip surface temperature of around 60 degrees (without a heatsink but with the small fan blowing over it). A small heatsink (+ fan) brought those down to around 52 and 33 degrees respectively, and the large heatsink in the photo there (+ fan) brought them down again to about 45 and 30 degrees. So your figures aren't that far off.

The CPLDs will get very hot at high speeds, and I suspect the crashes are as much to do with them as the CPU itself. But if you're getting crashes, it's probably too hot and you should pull things back a bit.
I was thinking of making a heat sink using some of the 40x40mm heat sinks I have. I already have one that I had began fashioning to fit under the keyboard, but it needs a lot more fashioning. Then I thought perhaps I could attach another heat sink to its side using that special thermal adhesives you get to stick heat sinks to ic chips in order to make it even larger.

Good idea/ bad idea?

Page generated in 0.04210 seconds with 11 queries