View Single Post
Old 04 November 2022, 15:35   #87
Marce
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by phx View Post
IMHO there was absolutely no reason to get a PC until the mid 90s. Even if there were a few titles which are superiour and without a match on the Amiga, it still doesn't make sense to invest in an expensive PC just for them. On the other hand you can easily find more great titles on the Amiga which didn't exist on the PC at that time.

Myself I was mostly into strategy and simulations, but still I never got a PC because I was also a developer and prefered the much better architecture and operating system of the Amiga.

I got my first PC around 2015 and I can still use it for today's games with i7/3.4GHz, 32GB and GTX970. This wasn't possible in the 90s. You burned a lot of money for a crappy system.
this is 95% right excepting:

if u are into strategy and simulations then the Amiga is not and never was the ideal computer for you
The amiga is ideal for guys who likes platform games , shooters, arcades, puzzle platform games etc

you got ur 1st PC too late,
but yes, in the mid 90s you burned a lot of money in a crappy system buying a pc, despite lot of superior PC games ,it was better to have an Amiga until 1998 or so

Page generated in 0.04251 seconds with 11 queries