View Single Post
Old 01 November 2022, 21:03   #3
Bruce Abbott

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandruzzo View Post
what would you like to see from Aga:.. a lot of parallax and moving objects and a lot of colors, 50-60hz?
This is a backwards way of looking at it. What I want are games that are fun and enjoyable to play, with nice graphics and sound etc. I don't care how much they 'exploit' AGA - I won't be counting the number of colors or measuring the frame rate while I'm playing the game.

The biggest hurdle in producing a game is not the hardware - an A1200 with FastRAM is plenty good enough for most genres if used wisely. Game design is far more important, and should take up most of the developer's time. It's also the area that most often lets the game down or causes 'burnout', resulting in poor quality or unfinished games.

So what I would like to see is the power of AGA being used to reduce development workload by not having to compromise or use tricky techniques that require more effort. AGA should help developers realize their vision without getting bogged down in technical aspects.

As for specific features of AGA that I would like to see exploited more, perhaps a greater use of HAM8 along with those huge sprites. Take a racing game for example. Wouldn't it be nice if the background looked like an actual photo rather than crudely drawn hills etc.? This wouldn't tax the system much if it was just a strip of HAM8. Cars and other objects in front of it would be sprites, so you don't have to worry about fringing.

Last edited by Bruce Abbott; 01 November 2022 at 21:10.

Page generated in 0.04461 seconds with 11 queries