View Single Post
Old 23 October 2022, 14:22   #79
admiral
Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesta_smsc View Post
How remiss of me. I actually did test this and it worked! Oddly I thought the Amiga had crashed lol - I have a disk with it added, I believe someone added the debug option unless I added that in the startup-sequence.

I wasn't able to achieve that very fast right speeds though. I believe it was the lowest baud rate when it worked but I may have had something disabled.

Making it boot into debug directly with a prompt might be useful than having to do this via Workbench?
The crash method (as documented here) forces 9600bps for safety reasons; People shouldn't have to rely on it more than once, and when they do it, I want to be sure it works, thus why 9600.

The other methods should allow much faster speeds. I get 115200 with a 2m cable, and max speed with a usb-serial adapter connected to the Amiga almost directly (through a DB9 to DB25 adapter).

Entering the debugger via workbench debug menu or via the debug cli/wb tool I bundle in the release archives gives access to dos.library functions (i.e. moving files around), which the debug bootblocks do not offer, as dos.library isn't yet initialized at that point.

Was the method you tested the crash method (bus error with e.g. tweezers)? I still (to date) haven't had any feedback from anyone using it. It 100% works here, and I try it every time I make a release. I have it wired to a switch for that purpose.

Last edited by admiral; 23 October 2022 at 14:23. Reason: e.g. tweezers

Page generated in 0.04677 seconds with 11 queries