View Single Post
Old 12 October 2022, 13:01   #18
aZtOcKdOg

Which Android emulator supports keyboard input as well as controller?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photon View Post

Cheers for the tip, I'll try taping down the joy trigger and see if cursor keys work... it's a bad workaround, but at least it is one...
Awesome no probs- yeah I’ve tried ALOT of workarounds for the keyboard arrows and so I can see yes, short of recompile there really is no solution ( although according to a post on EAB- the version before CD32 support was added- the keyboard worked fine) I have also had the displeasure of trying to get around the crap Android implementation of ‘right mouse click = BACK’ (ie the UAE4ARM menu UI)
Who ever though that a mouse would be an excellent input device to alter after almost 40yrs of using it pretty much the same way is beyond me. And for a ‘touchscreen-centric’ OS at that! If I want to go ‘back’ I would press the back button :scratches head: (I know that it’s just because my old device is stuck on Android 7 thanks to the 2 update rule employed by Samsung)… atleast that’s def 1 plus for the other manufacturers… update until it bricks for all they care hahah (not rly)

(EDIT: I mapped the right mouse button physical key in SDL settings startup dialogue to be the physical *R CTRL* key on my keyboard… it will do for now)

Quote:

Interesting that UAE4ALL2 lets you browse on older Android devices... for me it doesn't and obviously that's a showstopper. Or maybe it's an old version, I know it worked in 2015. Don't update the app! Is my recommendation. But it's also the predecessor to UAE4ARM by the same dev.
I seem to have UAE4ALL2 APK version 2.3.7.5 if that’s of any use?

Quote:

I've sourced an old crappy 4gb/56gb crap-SSD laptop to convert into a Linux machine so I can fork UAE4ARM. All I need to do is remove some hardcoded cursor-to-joystick crap and publish it as a game and I get the 48Hz without external/third party/this is a mad world/ apps.
I’ll be keen to help test if you do get around to that (that being if it will still run on Android 7 ofc lol)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by aZtOcKdOg; 12 October 2022 at 16:02.

Page generated in 0.04440 seconds with 11 queries