View Single Post
Old 11 October 2022, 22:11   #17
Photon

Quote:
Originally Posted by endre1952 View Post
You might try the TVHZ app. It was written for Android TV boxes, but on my Razer Phone 2, it gives me a choice several refresh rates, including 50hz and 48hz.
Can't find it. Is it on Google Play? Galaxy Store has no apps on it. Every search result is empty so far Otherwise you'll have to link the .apk which is fine too. First thing on any Android phones is enable Developer mode.

I found 'SmartHertz' which seems promising, but it has 0 ratings. Also something called 'Galaxy Max Hz Donation'. I'll probably try them. Tried to search for 48 Hz and 50 Hz but nothing except some HBO specific app.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aZtOcKdOg View Post
Happy to find this thread! Just have had an old Samsung Galaxy Tab A running UAE4ARM to do some [L] plate ASMTwo coding stuff… it has been frustrating ofcourse having no ‘custom controls’ so having to use a DualShock4 gamepad to hold the trigger to allow keyboard arrows lol
So obv used UAE4ALL2 but although it runs fine for coding exercises it is not accurate…

The vAmigaWEB looks great for my iPad but for some reason I cant even load a KS rom into a slot?
Cheers for the tip, I'll try taping down the joy trigger and see if cursor keys work... it's a bad workaround, but at least it is one...

That's my only complaint with UAE4ARM, and of course the running too fast which seems a general problem for well, any game or emu. Gotta set the Hz or game/emu must framecap in options. Third option is to publish eh emu as a game so Game Launcher(s) can set 48Hz.

Interesting that UAE4ALL2 lets you browse on older Android devices... for me it doesn't and obviously that's a showstopper. Or maybe it's an old version, I know it worked in 2015. Don't update the app! Is my recommendation. But it's also the predecessor to UAE4ARM by the same dev.

vAmiga has its own problems. It runs ~50fps @ 120Hz on the new phone, recognized the BT keyboard but not BT keyboard mousepad/buttons or screen touch LMB/RMB so I can't operate Workbench. For me it works to load a Kickstart but I have to do it every time I start it. Maybe update Chrome and you can at least boot a disk? I think if you click the File button you can load an .adf with the you know AROS kickstart thingy.

I've sourced an old crappy 4gb/56gb crap-SSD laptop to convert into a Linux machine so I can fork UAE4ARM. All I need to do is remove some hardcoded cursor-to-joystick crap and publish it as a game and I get the 48Hz without external/third party/this is a mad world/ apps.

Last edited by Photon; 11 October 2022 at 22:17.

Page generated in 0.04474 seconds with 11 queries