View Single Post
Old 08 October 2022, 21:43   #12
Photon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyromania View Post
Which Android Amiga emulator is optimized for Razer products?
None. The main ones are
  1. UAE4ARM (most like WinUAE/FS-UAE). I will contact the dev and help/fork.
  2. Retroarch (many emus, limited to console/gaming, P-UAE seems limited also)
  3. vAmiga is not specifically for Android and must go through a Webview/Web browser and so is much slower/requires much faster hardware. Doesn't seem to have frameskip and doesn't have cycle-exact to help with this.
  4. UAE4ALL2 is dead, unusable, doesn't work with most controllers unlike the rest, and will not be revived.

I'm not saying I know all of them. If my view is wrong enlighten me.

Razer Phone 2 was good, but now many phones have 90 or 120Hz and some of those adaptive framerate, which competes with the Qsync ("freesync") of that phone. Mixed verdicts on Qsync (as in not reducing input lag), but it does provide variable refresh rate. It was in the running, but in the end it had the same screen as my Nexus 6P and Razer, like Valve, can't count to 3. If you get a bargain, there is an argument to get that one over a dedicate retro console handheld.

Retro handhelds do one thing well, and can have way better presentation of the games, but with a smaller worse screen, fixed controller, old CPU, and no camera or phoneability, and cost about the same as a 3 years old flagship phone <3

On top of which, Steam Deck replaces all retro handhelds and costs ~ the same (+ flash card). Screen is only 720p, but bigger.

Samsung phones that can have Android 11/12/13 have Game booster, and can also lock framerate in games to 48Hz if adaptive framerate is not desired.

Some newer phones can cast or connect over USB-C to monitors and TVs. Stadia is now dead, but some other cloud gaming options are possible (not Amiga).

If you are playing on a phone with a small screen, a benefit of the small screen is that stutter and motion blur is much less noticeable. So just try it. Install and run Turrican II and the best emu wins.

As for controllers I don't really recommend Razer Kishi V2. On mine everything is excellent, but everything is too small Grips, buttons, you hit the right analog stick pressing A. For a kid's hands it's the right purchase tho.

The other competitor is GameSir X2 (and maybe some I don't know about), and you might also want the USB-C port unused even if some controllers have charging pass-through (example: USB-C headphones included with phone). So a BT5.1 controller is also an option, and then maybe you can get a non-Xbox layout where the left and right hand is as they would be on a SNES controller.

But for me all new phones had ~6.7" screens but weird ratio like 21:9 which fits no document or media or game, so I looked for a deal on a foldable. The phone width was the problem. Still stuck at ~76mm + bezels in 2022. And then Amiga looks tiny. The Samsung one is the only foldable sold outside Asia so it had to be Samsung, and I'm stoked with the Fold2. Got it direct from Samsung on amazon.co.uk, recommend

Last edited by Photon; 08 October 2022 at 22:00.

Page generated in 0.05473 seconds with 11 queries