View Single Post
Old 09 August 2022, 11:49   #2
DisasterIncarna

1) Some clever magic way of implementing a forced ScreenNotify type affair, when workbench needs to close/reopen (typically to change screenmode), forcibly freeze/hibernate/vanish all active windows that would stop the close/reopen operation, do the ScreenMode change then put the windows out of hibernation/back to normal.

2) Rehaul the color palette system to be RTG friendly (or just loads colors in general) out of the bag, with the OS doing the color remap stuff and not needing programmers to do it manually or relying on external libraries to do it which ends up bloating software. There is a distinct lack of software which is runnable on the workbench that uses graphical elements, probably due to the color+remap issue being a complete pain in the backside to work around without trashing the workbench palette.

Maybe there is some clever MUI magic that can do this? but it would be nice to have for boggo standard intuition apps, when a programmer decides to "stick image in window", ideally the OS should just do the color remap stuff automagically.

3) Not a major issue, something actually simple? i think? A personal gripe for me is the fact the Window Image we select in WBPattern scrolls with the window slider, that to me feels silly, there should be an options to have the image remain static with only the icons/contents moving, it also ruins the effect of some window images we use that arent tileable images.

Page generated in 0.04205 seconds with 11 queries