View Single Post
Old 24 July 2022, 18:14   #18
Leon Besson
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadnought View Post
Isn't it obvious? One of the reasons that "parts are getting scarce" is the fact that people are hoarding them, same goes for complete Amigas. This also makes the prices go silly.

I used to get mad about this rather simple correlation, but the truth is it probably doesn't even matter anymore. The market is so skewed now that the percentage of genuine first-buyers is most likely very small, and people who bid on things are either resellers/scalpers or hoarders.
Bromigo! First off the Op has eluded to have horded parts as he has described now.
Secondly I’m seeing plenty of A600, A500, A1200, A2000 machines for sale. Yes EBay prices are what they are due to supply and demand. Don’t forget EBay charge sellers a fee also. Currently this on co.uk is 10.6667% of both end price and P&P, also V.A.T @ 20% and also a 30 U.K pence fee on top. There also a matter of cost of living crisis kicking off due to the current War in Ukraine. So Im not surprised prices are what they are at Mang!

Besides the Op is looking to get rid of stuff

My suggestion is he donates this to Chris Edwards who at the moment is helping Amiga owners by freely repairing classic Amigas for the community.

[ Show youtube player ]

You don’t see any certain Amiga Recappers/resellers offering that to poor Amiga Owners. They just want to stuff their pockets to make a living.

Page generated in 0.04489 seconds with 11 queries