View Single Post
Old 20 July 2022, 21:33   #59
lmimmfn

Honestly grond that's a very strange post, without going into everything you posted regarding updates and "why should a one-off payment for a core license somehow guarantee that there would be core updates?" - what is wrong with customers expecting that? If I buy something that doesn't work I expect to get support to make it work, Switchblade 2 is still bugged along with many other games/demo's, are customers expected to buy a product with no compatibility improvements, do apollo specifically state what won't run/is incompatible and state this will never be improved(or requiring payment to fix their current broken compatibility) so customers can make an informed decision?

I also don't understand how you keep reading the doc incorrectly, Igor got 172 euro per card, Gunnar/miri got 142 euro per card and Apollo got 82 euro per card, all that is without VAT. Igor's share included the cost of physical card including 30 euro for card development.
This is the 3rd time I'm conveying info from the document but you're still not understanding it? I don't understand, the document and info is plain and simple to understand?

Longterm I agree that Igor producing the cards was unsustainable however his work contributed to the release of an actual solution, him producing the PCB, Gunnar producing the Core. The solution would not exist with both of those contributions, just because Gunnar decides Igor is irrelevant now and Apollo have his previous PCB designs which helped the current V4 designs does not take away from his contribution. If it was me I would have sued Gunnars ass.

Apollo have to be the worst company in the Amiga world outside of the legal nonsense regarding AmigaOS, they consistently keep burning customers with their team shenanigans, turning customers off anything they produce because we can't be bothered with their internal shit or their shit treatment of customers in general(banning from forum on the slightest disagreement, the forum, discord and newly their store are the only options for customer support).
This along with their throughput of team members obviously shows they're a monkey outfit.

Personally I don't care for Apollo or their nonsense, I'll never support them or their products in future, they're just another stain on the Amiga name.

*EDIT* also I see Gunnar has changed his tune regarding cards sold through resellers(his post had several stealth edits)
"If you need help, or have any question always contact us.
As support email I would propose to use :: shop@apollo-computer.com To contact us email is good or Discord also a good contact option.
If you are already a vampire /apollo user then you are probably on our Discord support channel already?

Contact us and we show you how to read out your card ID and we can immediately tell you the status of your card.

As said there are several options for you to get this cleared.

For us the customer are most important.
Always come to us if you need help, or have questions.
Come and we will help you and we will find a way to solve this for you.

Of course you can also always go to your seller.

In case that you bought directly from Igor.
Asas he sold you with full price and if you got no licence, this then means you overpaid.
I think that you can ask for refund or to get a license.
Also there might be the option to open a paypal case and get money back.

In case you consider to upgrade to a V4, please contact the shop and discuss the options for this. You might get a good offer."
http://www.apollo-core.com/knowledge.php?b=1&note=38690

Which at least is better for customers(and took a while for them to actually change their tune) but will give them that at least.

Last edited by lmimmfn; 20 July 2022 at 22:03.

Page generated in 0.04619 seconds with 11 queries