Thread: Scorpion Engine
View Single Post
Old 05 July 2022, 14:27   #2260
Mixel

Quote:
Originally Posted by flibble42 View Post
Yeah, not doing that, 52 anims for alphabet and then symbols, anim for each frame of a cut scene. This idea makes my skin crawl, i like to try and be organised, this is not.

This solution had occured to me by the way, and i rejected it. I may have to do a game presentation re-think.

I decided that until i get more familiar with Scorpions timing system and such i would try an original project, It's based on V-The Mini Series and planned to have multiple sections in different styles (a chance to use Scorpion in different situations), all linked together with cut scenes and text to recreate the flow of the story.

Anyway we will see.. Cheers for the input
That sounds like a nice project!

I specifically meant for the crawling, it'd be fine for that.

The way I've done animations is sometimes based on look direction, rigging up different animations to each direction.. That's how I'll be handling the characters in my visual novel, so I have directions for experessions/emotions (like how the player controls Little Big Planet) - This could be used for small popup cutscene windows, I guess, pretty easily..

Text rendering is a whole different can of worms. No idea how you'd do that, would depend on the project and I'd probably just wait until Scorpion can do it before trying a game that completely relies on text in the viewport.

As for the cutscene IDK what yours looks like but if you've seen the fullscreen animation demo that Neeso made (in the unofficial demos thing), you could use that system and have total control over whatever frame happens when and at what speed etc.. But it would be full screen.

Page generated in 0.04322 seconds with 11 queries