View Single Post
Old 24 June 2022, 04:14   #9
grelbfarlk

You want to set the Narrow settings of Narrow/Wide. I've used 300GB U320 SCSI drives with SCA to 50 or 68pin adapters and as long as I set Narrow or SE (single-ended) they worked with a Fastlane, A4091, Warpengine, GVP Trexx-II, CSPPC, I think also a GVP GForce 030.
If HDToolbox is not detecting your drive, and you're not sure what ID it is set to, what is your current SCSI HDD's ID?

If lastdrive is set on your current HD and the new drive has a higher ID number the SCSI controller won't look for drives past whatever drive has lastdrive set to.
Example:
Panaphonics 2X CDROM : Unit 0
40GB Quantum Fireball drive : Unit 1
Iomega Jaz Drive: Unit 4 LASTDRIVE set
<New Drive added> : Unit 5
Maxoptix Tahiti Magneto Optical drive: Unit 6

Nothing after the Jaz drive is going to be looked for, unless I didn't set the Jaz drive as Lastdrive or the cartridge is ejected, then it will keep scanning to ID 7. If I did set the Jaz drive as the Lastdrive and the cartridge spun up then it's not going to scan for IDs past that. That's why Luc Binks says make your HDD as ID 0, it boots faster that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon Besson View Post
If you look at this, to me it reads that the settings are on if they are jumpered.
4 jumpers at the beginning for ID:15, remove all of those and that should be ID:0. Look at your other SCSI IDs in HDToolbox.
Jumper Force Narrow 11-12 and Force Single Ended 13-14.

Many 10,000 RPM drives are very quiet compared to old roaring 7200 RPM drives. If you think it's spinning up at all, you should be able to hear/feel it.

Last edited by grelbfarlk; 24 June 2022 at 04:28.

Page generated in 0.05949 seconds with 10 queries