View Single Post
Old 22 June 2022, 23:50   #4
Leon Besson
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by macce2 View Post
Yeah; my old drives are 68-p Scsi drives, used with adapters.
I removed my old drives and I'm attempting to connect the new one (with my old external Scsi cd-rom drive, if possible).
No clue about ID, but shouldn't be 4 (which is used for my cd-rom); maybe 0 would be best option !?

Termnation should be ok, I think. I'm using my drives with external Sun boxes with power supplies; and the last one always has a (physical) terminator.

To be honest, I don't know whether my fastlane card should support my new drive;
but it does support wide Scsi-2 drives with adapter(-s). !?
Yes, I have installed my controller card properly.
And it is fully working.
Normally your first bootable SCSI drive should be ID 0. In most instances not having a jumper on any of the ID Pins = ID 0.
On a lot of the LVD/U320 drives these would be Enterprise type SCSI drives so make sure you don’t have a jumper for the motor start as this takes a queue to start up with a host controller that would tell the drive to start up.

Once you do get the drive to spin then that’s a good sign.

What I would do is try and add the new drive with the older drives and use the phase 5 SCSI tools such as “Unit Control” to see if it get recognised. But to do that try and set an ID which doesn’t conflict.

Page generated in 0.04261 seconds with 10 queries