View Single Post
Old 21 June 2022, 08:27   #190
pink^abyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shatterhand View Post
I just played through this, keep in mind all I own is an A600 with 2mb Chip, so its running on an 68000 7mhz CPU.

I just *loved* this thing so much. The slowdown on a stock machine is really... kinda sad, but I mean, we played R-Type 2 back then like hell, and it never goes worse than R-Type 2 (and I feel it slowdowns but it never gets jerky or unplayable, like it happens in a lot of Amiga shmups)

The soundtrack of this is SO DAMN amazing, you replicated so faithfully from the original.

If this was released back in the day, even with the slowdowns and all, it would've been SO well received, and I would've played it so much.

One question/suggestion: Would turn off the starfield (and the green background on last level) speed up things so we could get less slowdowns on a stock machine? I would happily trade the starfield (or maybe have less stars? I dunno if it would make any difference) for a smoother experience.

But the way the game is right now is really impressive and I loved it. Thank you for making this game. Is awesome. I wish we had this back in the day
Thanks a lot for your kind feedback Shatterhand. The soundtrack was a big motivation, because back in the day it inspired me to create music myself

Thanks for reporting the bugs. If I ever come back to the game I will remember.

Regarding disabling the starfield: I think it took around 10 rasterlines, so no real use in disabling it.

With a lot of work, the slowdowns could be made a bit less, but when considering that even the Arcade version had some
slowdowns (and the hardware is easily 5 times faster for that kind of game then an A500) I'm quite satisfied.
Using 4bpl instead of 5 would have had the most effect on A500, but I tried to stay really close to the Arcade gfx.

Thanks again.

Last edited by pink^abyss; 21 June 2022 at 11:18.

Page generated in 0.04459 seconds with 11 queries