View Single Post
Old 21 June 2022, 06:07   #189
Shatterhand
Warhasneverbeensomuchfun

I just played through this, keep in mind all I own is an A600 with 2mb Chip, so its running on an 68000 7mhz CPU.

One lifed it on my first try. It was nice to add an ending to it, something that was missing from the arcade original (it just looped), though I was expecting to play a 2nd loop. I'm used to finish the Arcade version easily too (though I haven't played it in ages), but the slowdown helped a lot, even the laser wall section at level 7 which even today gives me trouble on the original was easy here (and I'm glad when you die there on the arcade you are actually sent AHEAD on the level so you don't have to face that thing again )

I just *loved* this thing so much. The slowdown on a stock machine is really... kinda sad, but I mean, we played R-Type 2 back then like hell, and it never goes worse than R-Type 2 (and I feel it slowdowns but it never gets jerky or unplayable, like it happens in a lot of Amiga shmups)

The soundtrack of this is SO DAMN amazing, you replicated so faithfully from the original.

If this was released back in the day, even with the slowdowns and all, it would've been SO well received, and I would've played it so much.

I crossed through a few bugs... the (?) power up stayed lit after I looped through the power ups. On the arcade version I usually don't activate the shield because the difficulty goes crazy when you do it, so I didn't do it here.

Level 6 boss died in like half a second, and I don't think it was supposed to die so fast.

And "original" is mispelled on the staff rolling credits at the ending

One question/suggestion: Would turn off the starfield (and the green background on last level) speed up things so we could get less slowdowns on a stock machine? I would happily trade the starfield (or maybe have less stars? I dunno if it would make any difference) for a smoother experience.

But the way the game is right now is really impressive and I loved it. Thank you for making this game. Is awesome. I wish we had this back in the day

Last edited by Shatterhand; 21 June 2022 at 06:24.

Page generated in 0.04478 seconds with 11 queries