View Single Post
Old 09 June 2022, 11:48   #360
walkero

@rabidgerry
Quote:
I had something weird happen me the other week where a bunch of blank game entries gradually added themselves more and more with every opening and closing of iGame.
This was a back of an old version which is fixed for some time now. You won't have that with the new version.

@vroom6sri
Quote:
I flagged an issue in a different thread for what I thought was a WHDload issue with a game’s startup options not being remembered (EG infinite lives, start on level 5, etc.) but it seems that it was because I was using igames to launch the game. Do you know if this new version will deal with that issue?
I am not sure what the problem is here. iGame should let you play the game with all the tooltypes you set. I would like to know more about that. Please PM me about it, what you did and which game is it, so I will try to reproduce and see what is the actual problem.

@Lisko
Quote:
I was thinking who knows if a ReAction port of iGame would be faster on low-spec hardware (030 and below) when dealing with a full list of games or demos?
If you are talking for ReAction, then we talk for AmigaOS 3.2, 3.9 and maybe 3.5 right? But a lot of people are not using those versions and still prefer to use the 3.1. Now, if someone has a 68000 CPU or a 68020/14 and wants to have the full collection of Games and Demos, which are more than 4000 entries, unfortunately, loading and searching in all of them will be slow.

Are there places in iGame where it can be optimised further?
Absolutely, and that's what I try to do. I would like to assure you all that my target is not to make iGame work well on high-end machines only, but also to support, as good as possible, the low-end machines as well.

Right now I am investigating a solution to have a better way of manipulating the list of the games, and reducing the necessary amount of memory usage. Unfortunately, for every solution, there are pros and cons and I am trying to measure what we will lose and what we will gain. If that goes well, I might release a new version that has that feature for people to try and get feedback. But it needs some time.

Thank you all for using iGame. We love that application and we put as much work on it as we can.

Page generated in 0.04681 seconds with 11 queries