View Single Post
Old 03 June 2022, 09:47   #18
Jope
-

Sorry that I missed it. Yeah, I often read the forums too fast and miss stuff, you can find countless examples in the past.

Here I'm expecting you have an hard disk booting workbench setup with the lha tool in your path. I guess classicwb is the one everyone uses if they are not rolling their own.

You would also need to have a way to get the lha archive inside the emulated environment, in WinUAE you would add a new hard disk and map it to a directory with the files you want to access on your host operating system. Or you could click add pc drives at startup.

First open a shell.

How to format a disk:

Code:
format drive df0: name Ramtest noicons
How to make the disk bootable:

Code:
install drive df0:
How to unpack an lha archive to drive df0:

Code:
lha x archive.lha df0:
You would replace archive.lha with the name of the file you're unpacking. You can use the cd command to traverse directories and the dir command to list the files inside the directory. Or you could traverse the directories in workbench and perhaps drag and drop your lha archive into the ram disk. Then it is enough to say
Code:
cd ram:
in the shell to get to the right place where your lha archive now resides.

To make the Amiga load your executable automatically, you would create a directory called s on the disk and write the name of the executable inside it:

Code:
makedir df0:s
echo name_of_executable > df0:s/startup-sequence
Here you would again replace name_of_executable with the one you want that was extracted from inside the archive.

If you want 80 column text, you would need a system-configuration on the disk. Often we just copy the one off our hard drive:

Code:
makedir df0:devs
copy devs:system-configuration df0:devs
This is a bit general, unfortunately it is not really possible to give a full answer, but ask away when you run into problems you can't solve on your own.

Page generated in 0.04552 seconds with 11 queries