View Single Post
Old 27 May 2022, 11:16   #21
ImmortalA1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimbal View Post
I'm adding that one to my list, back in the day I got as far as getting a first ant attack and then I wussed out (I was a small child and afraid of everything)
Speaking of ICftD, I found it frustrating due to the high level language used to write the action sequences back then (especially shooting off the antenna on the ant at the first meeting at the .......) The controls are really laggy making it artificially difficult so I gave up on it back then after a while.

I sat down and thought about this and did a couple of tests in WinUAE and it turns out I do have a reason to power on my A4000/040 now....Cinemaware games like this or Rocket Ranger! (although the lunarium business is highly annoying to play now even via a Gotek etc).

Not really a complaint towards Cinemaware, to actually make these games happen, as opposed to down/side conversions to other machines using a finished game, so there really wasn't an easy way to push the creativity that far whilst working at the same sort of epic chipset bandwidth utilisation in thinks like the above ground start level of Beast 1.

I would imagine playing this on my huge Plasma TV via the CDTV ISO using the remote would be fascinating.

I did think about trying to recreate the apartment in my garden but couldn't find enough info about the hero's home.

Last edited by ImmortalA1000; 27 May 2022 at 11:17. Reason: typo

Page generated in 0.04322 seconds with 11 queries