View Single Post
Old 24 May 2022, 22:47   #19
jotd
This cat is no more

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
My list of 'level one syndrome' would be very long...

Zool (both games)
James Pond
Hudson Hawk
Blues Brothers
Gods
Switchblade (both)
First Samurai
Second Samurai
Wolfchield
Sleepwaker (this one is worst, I could not even finish first level?!)

And many others...

I have to agree on that small selection of games that people picked here.

Zool does the "level 1 syndrome" on purpose, with that ridiculous piano play thing to end the level at level 2.2. I had bought the original, and I gave up...

James Pond, well... too hard, yes

Switchblade 2 I tried for the recent EAB contest. Actually could pass a few levels, but used the trainer.

Gods: I can complete that one anytime anywhere Chaos Engine is another example.

First Samurai I found rather easy once you passed the first level. The inverted level 1 syndrome. Level 1 is large and it's hard to find the magic items and teleport back. The other levels are easy in comparison.

Blues Brothers has a very annoying "jump high enough or retry" moment in the sky to reach the right/upper part of level. If you miss, you don't have enough crates to kill the enemies and you have to do that again. That's bad because the rest of the game is not as unfair.

2 games I'd like to go more into would be Ruff'N'Tumble and Turrican 2 (AGA!!). I suck at both of them, but they're legendary games. Another one is Raffles. Pretty intriguing, there's a walkthrough but only for 8 bit versions. 16 bit versions have more puzzles and I was stuck pretty quickly. Shame as it looks like a very cool isometric game.

I think the problem with the games now is that we don't have as much time as we used to have in the past. I'd like to play Cadaver, Push Over, Magic Pockets ... again but every time I find something better to do (like sleeping for instance )

Ok back to Bzil's Wolf 3D. First level was easy, but second level is a tough nut. Wait...

Page generated in 0.04440 seconds with 11 queries