Thread: My A1200
View Single Post
Old 24 May 2022, 16:32   #16
retromax

So as I was waiting for my hard drive cloning I decided to get my Amiga600 out, I was given the 600 years ago by a workmate and I’d never even switched it on so didn’t even know if it worked.
I’d been reading recently that the 600 came with the hard drive mount installed so wondered if I could do anything with it (if it worked), anyway I plugged it in and all was good and the floppy drive had no problem loading a game I’d put on floppy with my greaseweasle so things were looking good.
When I was looking through old ide drives the other day I noticed one had an Amiga ribbon cable attached that I must have acquired years ago so I thought I’d have a go with installing a hard drive.
I started a new A600 config in WinUAE and installed Workbench 2 to my drive and then popped it into the Amiga and all seems good, not sure what I’ll do with it but it’s good to see it’s working and I’ve been learning quite a bit about this stuff lately.
The A600 is very yellow and the trapdoor is missing but the tank mouse isn’t too bad just slightly discoloured on one side.
There’s no expansions or anything in the A600 but I’m glad to have it running, all this started because I was given a faulty Amiga500 the other week and through trial and error with WinUAE and various YouTube videos over the last couple of days I think I’ve come pretty far
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	4959151D-3BC6-4B72-819B-2829390C08B5.jpeg
Views:	121
Size:	328.0 KB
ID:	75659  

Page generated in 0.04548 seconds with 12 queries