View Single Post
Old 16 May 2022, 12:40   #12
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master484 View Post
Unfortunately I don't have a kryoflux or an A1200. Only an A500 with no HD or even an extra disk drive. So I can't make ADFs or disk dumps myself.

However, one guy here has made ADFs from some of my disks in the past, so I could try asking him. So at least we could get the ADF, if the disk still works. But he doesn't have a kryoflux machine either as far as I know, so for that I would need to send the disk to someone else.

---

I have a feeling that this disk might not even be something that was meant to be distributed for the general public.

It's more like something that could be played at some kind of game exhibition, where different developers showcase their games for people and potential publishers.

A few things would support this theory, such as the way how easily you can select any level or any boss, literally showing almost everything in the game. And also the disk doesn't yet have the publisher's name in it, although I can't remember if the actual demo had one.

This would also explain why you can't control the player: maybe they were scared that someone might steal the disk or copy it behind their backs, and then the near finished game would be pirated before it's official release. So they protected themselves by making it unplayable.
What you have is simply what is called a rolling demo. You can't play it, you can just watch it.

Page generated in 0.08329 seconds with 11 queries