View Single Post
Old 15 May 2022, 19:41   #38
AC/DC HACKER!

I thought I'd give it a try.. I watched the demo video, did not like the music at all as it's waaaaay too repetitious.. However, I noticed the sound effects go along with what the ball bounces on, and so that added some variant to the....?music?..which made it better. Haaa..still, after a bit of playing it's just highly repetitious and so I mute the volume. Good for people who are into House and Techno I guess, but that just isn't me at all.
I thought, okay, outside of that..it looks really cool and fun. So, downloaded the demo.. Played with WinUAE under my A4000 CyberstormPPC setup.. But I had to use without a SS...and disable the caches. Played it a few times. Exited, Ran again, and repeated. If I'm going to buy I want to be sure it's made well enough and stable enough. Passed WinUAE.

Didn't pass for my A4000 CSPPC hardware which I use more than WinUAE. I *have* to disable the caches for it to kind of function. It crashes and freezes my A4000 often. Sometimes it'll get to the button just before actual play, but rarely. Rarely will it actually get into the game and start the fun.

So, I figured I'd give it a go with WHDLoad. So, I used one of my Generic creations and got it setup that way. WHDLoad informs about VBR being changed..and thus, I cannot get it to play that way either.

If I were to only play with WinUAE then I'd buy, but it has bugs..and I prefer my true hardware. If you make it function with a 68060 with or without caches then I'll consider a Digital version as well. It's fun without the...music. BUT the music and play are done in a clever way. I dig all the visuals and the idea.

I will agree that 30 USD seems a little high. But I might do it.

Page generated in 0.05225 seconds with 11 queries