View Single Post
Old 12 April 2022, 23:26   #332
lmimmfn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixel View Post
It makes perfect sense. Turrican 2 MSDOS has largely completely different graphical style to Turrican 2 Amiga. The graphics were redrawn by someone who seemingly did not respect the source material enough to try and actually keep what was there originally.

I’m talking about making new graphics for Turrican 2 that actually keep the spirit it of the the original artwork while increasing palette etc. Factor 5 didn’t like the MSDOS port’s graphics, they don’t look like Turrican 2, they don’t look like any of the snes or megadrive sequels, they literally look like a fan game. That’s part of what gives them charm, and I love the ms-dos version on its own merits but it’s nothing close to a canonical take on the material, hence never coming out in the rerelease compilations etc. it’s like a weird cover version of a song which has its own fans, some of whom insist it’s the definitive version when it’s stylistically so different it’s really just its own thing.

I’m curious about a hypothetical retrofit of this new engine to make an “enhanced” Amiga Turrican 2, is all.
Ahh ok, I'm understanding you now, would love to see that but I think the msdos version is a well done improvement in general.

Page generated in 0.60828 seconds with 11 queries