View Single Post
Old 28 March 2022, 12:22   #516
wairnair

Hi guys

It's been really long since I worked on this.. I'm trying to refresh my memory. There never was an ISO made from this, I remember to have run into problems building an ISO and eventually decided to just run it from Workbench (on the real CD32 and in WinUAE). There's a "LaunchWB" icon to do just that - but it's assumed that your Workbench is running Move4k, which is a requirement for Shapeshifter.
Turns out I didn't even have the latest .vhd of it so thank you Rochabian!

Quote:
the game is stuck on the mac desktop with a floppy disk icon with a question mark
The game's hardfile is copied to RAM, then Shapeshifter expects it at RAM:GameHDD.hvf in its 2nd harddrive slot. I did hex edit the prefs files as well. There's apparently some leftover garbage path after "RAM:GameHDD.hvf", but it does not seem to matter.

I've succesfully started Prince of Persia 1, so the vhd probably works, question is how to make an ISO out of it.. One thing, the name of the disk should be "M32" so the paths are correct in the Shapeshifter prefs files.
I then tried making an ISO with the cd32 devkit, but it didn't want to work, can't remember the errors I got..
I know I was not of much help, I might get back to this to have a final working iso.
Not much of gameplay value in there though - maybe apart from PoP1 and Blackthorne. It's usually slow and emulation is buggy.

Page generated in 0.04494 seconds with 11 queries