View Single Post
Old 16 March 2022, 11:19   #4
Tavis

Ok so here’s my current condition:

I found an 8370 on eBay and took the MegaChip off the board and replaced it with the 8370.
Now the Amiga will boot off a floppy with workbench on it but whe I click anything on the dish (clock, utilities, etc) the computer freezes. I can resize windows and move the window around but as soon as I tried to launch anything on the disk the machine locks up.

Also the computer is no longer booting off the hard drive.
It has a Trumpcard with two hard drives. When I power up without a floppy inserted, I can see it access the first (boot) drive and both the disk light LED fro the card and the led on the actual disk light up but stay solid.

It never boots up unless I use a floppy.

I am wonderig if at least one of these problems is related to the 8370 since it can only addres 512k and I read some where that it has an 8 bit refresh and the ram on board (256x4) has a 9 bit refresh…

So I guess what I need are both an 8372A to see if I can at least get the computer to work properly period. And a nice to have would be an 8375 (318069-11) to see if there’s any hope for my MegaChip.

** The GVP O30 Combo accelerator board has onboard ram and two sims in it as well. How does this get accessed? I know very little about Amigas.

This Amiga has the following cards:

Video toaster 4000
gvp g-force combo
megachip
blue ribbon sound works card (one stop music shop)
sunrize industries ad516
trump card disk controller
2 hard drives
Syquest drive and disk

Last edited by Tavis; 16 March 2022 at 11:37.

Page generated in 0.04538 seconds with 11 queries