View Single Post
Old 24 February 2022, 21:26   #17
GearCross

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro-Nerd View Post
What works is a SNES USB adapter combined with a real SNES pad. Make sure the installed Rys MK II firmware isn't too old.

There is also the mouSTer adapter which supports the CD32 mapping with the latest firmeware. But i didn't tried it yet (use it mostly for my C64 as a PC USB mouse adapter).
Considered getting one of those retro-bit pads that DanyPPC suggested, maybe even the SNES one, as from what I researched, they use the older dinput protocol instead of xinput that the 8BitDo and xbox controllers use, which might be the reason Rys fails to work with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinsonb5 View Post
I think I still have a few of these boards if anyone's desperate to get hold of one. I'm not sure if I still have the (awful, Windows-only) PSoC Creator software though - you need a very specific version to program these boards using their built-in serial bootloader. If I do still have it, I can pre-program them with the firmware.
If you still have one of those boards and can program it, let me know the cost here, or through PM. I can solder the connectors myself, because I'd rather spend on a proper adapter and use the M30, which is a great pad and it works exactly like an original 6 button MegaDrive controller. I can just relegate the Rys to a mouse I guess... even though I have a rather good mouse already.

Last edited by GearCross; 24 February 2022 at 21:33.

Page generated in 0.04431 seconds with 10 queries