View Single Post
Old 11 February 2022, 13:44   #267
SquawkBox
Speedbump gimme goosebump

Send a message via ICQ to SquawkBox
If I buy another stick, one stick from my collection has to go first since I have a drawer full of them. Ideally, I'd go at some place in town to have my QuickShot Maverick 3 or MegaStar Jr. sv 135 modded, but this kind of novelty shops have became increasingly rare in Paris (and unfriendly to aged 40+ newcomers with no intention to buy heaps of original games from them). Having one's retro console modded to play imports is probably the best one can expect these days, and you don't get to meet the modder in person. Utter the word Commodore in such a shop, and they'll probably make moon eyes at you.

I have contact with the English expert who sells the Playstation db9 adapter on eBay so there's still hope, but really I am starting to enjoy a lot playing Amiga games either with the SMS joystick or with my Playstation arcade stick (the PS Arcade from Interact). That ancient 2-button joystick is a bit crummy, and its plastic shell may even contain toxic residues , but it lies pleasantly in hand.

Also, I beg to differ... For me, it's all right for peeps to use a Mega Drive stick / pad (behind an adapter) or a SMS pad if that's all they have at their disposal. You did an excellent job pushing SunChild's list further, but for me a perfect list would have to be split into categories (not that I am asking you to make such modifications). Since I can play each and every game from your list on my A500 (except those relying on CD32 controls obviously) as intended, a modded joystick is not an absolute must-have. It would be nice to have one for sure, but I can live without it.

About Nathan Never, most of the times, ReadMe from the author of the corresponding slave mentions if he patched the game for additional controls. I will give it a try in WinUAE but most likely it is not supported (Dr. Cinicus slave seems very straightforward in that respect). Also, Turrican I & II support 2nd fire button natively (for smart bombs).

Last edited by SquawkBox; 11 February 2022 at 16:10.

Page generated in 0.04509 seconds with 10 queries