View Single Post
Old 05 February 2022, 03:00   #5
ImmortalA1000

Nope if you listen to the tune it's a typical 'rush job' grab any instrument and shove it in anywhere even though it is completely wrong sort of instrument MOD. The section being played on the church organ is meant to be played on a flute or piccolo

At least the ST tune uses the correct flutes not church organs, hell the C64 SID rendition via ADSR fixed waveforms sounds closer to the original....although the C64 always did do a mean flute in the right hands.

I did check out the actual soundtrack after watching the movie. It might be possible with an editor to isolate some samples but none of my real Amiga gear is out and I don't like writing music in trackers. In the case of this tune though probably less memory hungry if you can get individual instrument samples isolated from the soundtrack rather than looped/sequenced 5-10 second samples (works great on computer sequenced music/soundtracks of 90s onwards!).

I wouldn't mind doing it properly as a youtube video diary project...take 1 soundtrack CD, and Amiga sampler and a tracker program and make a sequenced/MOD'd version of a tune for any 512k Amiga (and therefore Amiga 1000 which is my own Amiga for daily use as the Zorro RAM adaptor is a bit suspect at the moment!!).

(no luck on finding the original ST tracker file so perhaps it's in a demo....needs more investigating but at this point it's another tune to add to the 'never done properly on Amiga' like Hall of the Mountain king classical piece without the last 1/3 of the tune missing)

Page generated in 0.04575 seconds with 11 queries