View Single Post
Old 18 January 2022, 19:13   #7
Jpor
Banned

Thought I’d resurrect this thread and give an update.

So after finding sometime, I have managed to install a free copy of VM Workstation play version 14 onto my PeeCee!
Previous to this I tried the Oracle VM software which was a total pain in the arse as none of the USB ports would connect up via the host system. In most cases I was getting the blue screen of Death

So have now installed Windows XP pro 32bit onto my VM machine and installed the now defunct and hard to find Iomega REV software from the web.

Low and behold now have a seeable and working rev 35 drive being seen using a IDE to USB connector and separate PSU. The diagnostic software has given me the green light that the drives and REV 35 cartridges are good. Only issue is tha5 the drives in XP and the software are treated as CD drives and the software will only format them in “UDF”.
So as a workaround I’m using the command line “format” command and setting the format as “FAT32” with the following command;

Format e: /FS:FAT32 /V:empty

E: being the drive setup in windows for the rev 35.

Next step will be to put a drive into an Amiga and try formatting it.

So far so good. Will update when that bits done, just in Case anyone else wants to give this a try

Page generated in 0.04871 seconds with 10 queries