View Single Post
Old 11 January 2022, 12:12   #28
Sinphaltimus

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIGASYSTEM View Post
Ok, tell me about any problems you encountered, the release of the new version 1.7 of AROS One x86 is almost imminent.

If you are not aware there is also AROS One 68k that at the moment is not distributed but will be in the future, you can read the info about AROS 68k here:

http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=98062

I have it running on a Gateway ARC200 Laptop. It is really fast and the software I tried so far all seem to work.

I dp have 3-4 issues.

1. get an error on boot. I can close the AROS shell windows and the OS is up and running behind it. The error is :
Can't Find SYS:Extras/Music/Timidity
Not sure why, I do get a startup sound.
*****FIXED**** I change the user startup to mount TIMIDITY to Work:Music/Timidity instead of SYS:Music/Timidity

2. Audio input is not available. Can't record samples. Output works great.

3. I can't get GUI Image Mount to work or I have no idea how to use it. Trying to mount ADFs. This maybe relaed to issue 4.

4. Is there 68k integration? With IcAROS there is Amiga Forever Integration. So I'm wondering if AROS One has 68k intyergration (via uae or other) and how to enable/use it.

The reason for my need of 68k integration is for music productionusing Octamed Sound Studio. Sure, I suppose I can learn Milky Tracker or any of the other apps in AROS One. Just used to OctaMed and I have tons of instruments for OMSS.

As for AROS 68k, my only real Amiga is a Vampire V2+ A500 modded out in an ATX tower running CoffinOS. I'm trying to convince my uncle to send me his A2000 sitting in a closet. But with my only Amiga being vampirized with Coffin OS, I don't see a need for AROS 68k at the moment. Perhaps I will try it on my Amilator'ed PC when it's ready. I really do like it alot. Looks, feels and runs really well so far.

Last edited by Sinphaltimus; 11 January 2022 at 12:19.

Page generated in 0.05679 seconds with 11 queries