View Single Post
Old 09 January 2022, 22:51   #8
Malakie

Interesting thread being some here know I have been fighting two separate 3.2 os/kickstart problems with HD's, either SCSI or IDE and file copy or movement or validation.

And I think I have figured out the problem.

Everything was fine UNTIL I introduced another hardware part to the Amiga after installed 3.2 and the 3.2 kickstart. And that other hardware part uses a different device than what the main drives do.

i.e., the HD's use FastFileSystem right now, on either IDE or SCSI. But when I add another device that uses a different file system, say FAT95 or something else, all the problems then start.

IF I remove that same device and the file system for that device, suddenly everything works again.. no more errors for copying files, no more suddenly non executable exe's etc.

Something is not right in KS 3.2 and/or OS 3.2, because I can change back to another OS and KS revision and this problem disappears, as I have said quite a few times as well.

The very fact I can not replicate this on 3.1 OS/KS or even back to 2.04, pretty means something is going on with either 3.2ks or 3.2os or both combined. I have tried a network adapter, a SD card reader, a second HD card (scsi and IDE using a different file system) and this is reproduceable every time if KS 3.2 and OS3.2 are in use. It does NOT appear on other setups and they work just fine.

The easiest and fastest way I can reproduce this is to use a basic Amiga 2000, KS 3.2 and a small SCSI HD connected to an A2091 (7.0 roms) OR use an AmiKit IDE interface card and either an IDE HD or CF card. Do a full clean install of 3.2. From there, try installing an SDBox and see what happens. Or some other device that uses its own FILE system, not the default for OS3.2. Doing this, I can repro this 100% of the time.

Last edited by Malakie; 09 January 2022 at 22:57.

Page generated in 0.04355 seconds with 11 queries