View Single Post
Old 20 December 2021, 22:10   #1
brett71

Final Calc on A4000TX

Hey all,

Been working on installing some apps on my A4000TX and ran into a curious issue.

I've installed Final Writer 97 and Final Data on the machine and those applications worked perfectly fine right after install, even with my ZZ9000 at a very high-res screenmode, I think 1200x720 in 16-bit color. The application asks about the screenmode setting I want to use, and even though both applications only seem to support a max of 256 colors, they at least open up their screens and work as expected.

Final Calc, however, is a different story. After install, either the FPU or the non-FPU version, when I launch the application, the screen goes black and the machine appears to lock up. I do not get a guru or anything. My normal screenmode is (I think) 1200x720 with 16-bit color, or something like that, so it might make sense that Final Calc freaks out when it's presented with a screenmode like that, but I have even downgraded the screenmode to a standard NTSC Hi-Res Laced and get the same results.

Does anyone have any suggestions to try to correct this? I haven't dug into it enough to see if there's a configuration file I can edit manually and see if I can work around the issue.

Thanks!

Page generated in 0.06144 seconds with 11 queries