View Single Post
Old 10 December 2021, 19:31   #9
Hache

Quote:
Originally Posted by saimon69 View Post
Unfortunately there are no ready tools for it, else i would have said go for the 'another world' approach and use vectors to have more frames and less memory - fantavision and aegis animator are not exactly good for it due to the forced morph approach rather than keyframe - if they have a keyframe approach i did not find it at the time.

Hache i know you are a pro animator, however i can give you some hints from my dpaint time when i used to do animations too:

- first if you can try to get hands on dpaint 4 or Disney animation studio, to use the onion skinning features (lighttable in deluxe paint) - start with the wireframe in 4 colors, i used yellow and cyan to do wireframe then black to do the contours once the shape is done

- second, split in sequences and join it together with a program like scala; that should help with the syncing too - for the rate i would go to subsets of the frame rate - if you in pal i would say 12 FPS, in NTSC 15 - so that a sequence of 120 frames is 10 second in example.

Third, try to catch some old Eric Schwartz animation on youtube: you will see how sometimes he used pseudo motion blur to improve fluidity
Hi! Sorry. I don't understand when you say "Unfortunately there are no ready tools for it".
Thanks for the tips, but I already have in mind my personal workflow and it works great for me. Also, Saimon, remember the 3D intro/outro animations I've made for Rowan? I think these are heaviest than this and it was mixed together shot by shot in Amos without problem (If I have luck, I think here will be possible as well).
For sure I will split all the shots. One .anim per shot.
Regarding the motion blur, the idea is to give to this intro the same feeling of the original Amiga game, so no motion blur at all. Also, the original laser disc game doesn't have motion blur. Even if Dragon's Lair and Eric Schwartz animations are both cartoon, we're talking about different animation styles.
I'm going to move on on this without thinking too much and see which problems might come up as I make progress.

Thank you again for the tips!

Last edited by Hache; 10 December 2021 at 19:43.

Page generated in 0.04946 seconds with 11 queries