Thread: Scorpion Engine
View Single Post
Old 07 November 2021, 18:23   #1424
Mixel

Thanks for looking into the pursuit speed.

I’m trying to troubleshoot the frame skips thing and work out if it’s a scorpion thing or an emulation one - but my system has maybe changed too much lately for me to be a good test candidate. When I use my user created A1200+1 profile the scrolling is janky even if I revert to Oct 10th scorpion build though..

But loading up that old build and saving as the WinUAE config that scorpion generated (?) brings my performance back to where I’d expect it to be. With the other profile I had nasty jerky movement on the octopus boss for example, but it’s fine now… So in my case at least it seems to be user error.. (did you intentionally stop the global emulation config settings from working, or is that just happening on my setup? They still work for me in 6.1 but if I don’t have a config selected in 7.0 it just goes to the kickstart screen)

Oh and that list of possible optimisations is a great idea! I knew about it but having it listed like that is really useful.. seen a load of places where it makes sense to do a little pruning!

Page generated in 0.04368 seconds with 11 queries