Thread: Scorpion Engine
View Single Post
Old 06 November 2021, 17:59   #1421
Mixel

Quote:
Originally Posted by earok View Post
@Mixel cheers! It only took around half an hour to add, I can't remember if anyone had ever asked for that before but our mutual streamer friend did and so I looked into it.
I seriously thought (like, 100% convinced) it was on your todo list for ages, so assumed it can't be easy. But looking back through all the comms and here etc i cant find a mention of it anywhere, so maybe im just confused again lol.

Thats a seriously great feature though and will open up all sorts of awesome possibilities. I'm going to have the music from my jukebox fade the further you go away from it as a test!

edit: At some point recently the default emulation settings all stopped working for me and now i have to save winuae configs in each project folder.. which is not a problem, but it's coincided with an odd thing where i get a lot more visible framedrops on my A1200+fast profile than i used to get and i dont know if it's because of my winuae config (i dont think it is?) or something that's changed in Scorpion.. Where do I enable the interpolation feature you mentioned recently? (found it! going to test it now*) In case that smooths things out for me slightly.

[edited out the part where I was rambling/troubleshooting the frameskips] Phew, figured it out, it was a wonky winuae profile, its running as it did previously now!

---
One new thing about the acceleration behaviour of projectiles.. I have some projectiles that are cpu_pursuit direct - previously they'd start stationary(ish?) and accelerate even if they were told to "actor shoot projectile at player" - now they seem to come out at full speed - I think that's the only difference about them, but how can i recreate that behaviour? Maybe not "shoot" them at all but spawn them instead, but I guess I wouldn't get to take advantage of the projectile origin coords then?

Last edited by Mixel; 07 November 2021 at 00:49.

Page generated in 0.04358 seconds with 11 queries