View Single Post
Old 03 November 2021, 02:17   #94
MartinW

OK, I finally worked out my issues and as expected they were all on me! It's what happens when you copy your HDF back from a MiSTer system. You forget that for the graphics MiSTer != UAEGFX and also after resolving that one, it was trying to mount the mister internal SD card as a share which was making it look like it had crashed / hung.

So with that out of the way I have a couple of observations which you may or may not already know about. Neither are a real problem particularly for me at the moment.

1. On RTG, if I try to go above 1024x768 (4:3) or 960x540 (16:9) resolution the display becomes a corrupt white square towards the top left. I think someone else mentioned this as a symptom some posts back but may not have realised that lower resolutions work just fine.

2. OS4.1 - QEMU (or something) doesn't appear to work for me on Apple Silicon M1. This doesn't just apply to v4, I couldn't get it to work on the updated v3.1 either. It's been a long time since I've tried to use this setup so I could easily be at fault again here.

OS4.1 would be really nice to see how that performs when it eventually works as it always used to stress my old machine (a 2017 MBPro) so much it was a horrible experience and I didn't end up using it. Maybe with the M1 chip and the almost silent fan it might be a usable system, that would be very cool.

Page generated in 0.06075 seconds with 11 queries