View Single Post
Old 22 October 2021, 16:47   #18
rothers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photon View Post
@aeberbach, Apple has made enemies of pretty much everyone that wants to do something special. Crazily, recording audio is special, so that you're limited to a very small subset of products, and usually need a dongle or proprietary cable to plug it in. Not only is Apple's third-party product support very bad; they obsolete their own product lines at regular intervals, and obsolete software, including drivers, by major architecture changes.

This is not news, nor have I written anything untrue. I want to give the best answer, and with Apple simple things become involved.

I've seen two recommendations: "buy any, it's always safe" and "this brand is always safe". I see this as bad advice and heavily recommend to ask in a musician forum (share specs).
What? I'm writing this from a still fully supported 2013 macbook pro. I even got a new battery a while back under warranty.

Almost 9 years of support and it's still a great machine. (the spec in 2013 - SSD, retina screen, quad core i7, dual graphic cards & 16GB RAM)

I am 100% converted to Apple, the OS & tech is superb. Show me a machine as powerful as the M1 Macbook air for the same price, show me something as powerful as the M1 Max I have on the way.

There is a reason that so many people in the video/sound/publishing/editing world use them.

Page generated in 0.04242 seconds with 11 queries