View Single Post
Old 16 October 2021, 02:58   #10
Jpor
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lektroid View Post
Hi Chucky, thanks for your reply. As I mentioned in my opening post, most of the pads are lifted and missing (I have anchored it on with the 5 remaining pads), the vias are corroded so I cannot use the traces, instead I have used bodge wires in their place, and yes they now all go to the connections on the layout you provided (continuity checked), although there seems to be a layer missing in your image with the ground and +5V is, so I took a chance and used the +5V feed from the top of the bypass cap, although without the bottom trace shown, I'm only guessing this is the correct +5v feed. I also tried a different known working RAM stick in case that was the issue.

This card came inside an Amiga which I bought a few years ago as a job lot and has never worked, so I'm wondering if it even has the appropriate crystal oscillator in; the chip is rated at 25MHz and the crystal is 56MHz - seems a strange jump up in frequency. I have ordered a new crystal, but it's shipping from China, so could take a few weeks.

Did you ever manufacture PCBs for this? If so, do you have any available to sell?
The Apollo and Blizzard 040 cards use a 0.5 clock divider against the CPU. So 50mhz / 2 = 25mhz.

So bus runs at 50mhz but the CPU only runs at half that. There were Apollo 040’s at 40mhz running 80mhz crystals. Have owned both.

Page generated in 0.04520 seconds with 11 queries