View Single Post
Old 14 October 2021, 09:43   #18
Rontti

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazza View Post
I thought I'd just add a quick post here to document something I noticed with this card. I downloaded the drivers from Aminet and installed everything but was quite disappointed with the performance in Workbench when I used a screen mode with more than about 64 colours - screen refresh seemed very slow particularly with large text windows. I thought it might just be the limitations of my 030 system or a Zorro 2 bottleneck.

What resolved this for me was editing the tooltypes of the GBA PII++ monitor in Devs/Monitors. From install, there was a tooltype of 'NOBLITTER=YES' enabled.

Removing this option really sorted out the performance and I'm now using 1024x768 16bit colour with quite snappy performance (considering I am running this on an A500+ with TF536).

RTG games don't run amazingly, but that's just the limitations of Z2 I expect. However, for Workbench this card is just the job.
You sir are a lifesaver!
I was having the same slow performance problems with this card in my A4000, but this did the trick. Thank you!

Page generated in 0.04321 seconds with 11 queries