View Single Post
Old 02 October 2021, 20:04   #6
Amiga600
amigaboing.net Blog

I seem to get better results by using the built-in AROS ROM in WinUAE so I will stick to that more since everyone obtains that version when downloading it

I have tried the nightly download using aros-rom.bin (as Main) and aros-ext.bin (as EXT) - But it completely refuses to even load the "Selector" program I use for the Menu System and crashes to a white screen, so I think using nightly builds is something I wont bother with (for now at least)

Another slight annoyance with AROS is it takes far much longer to do its POST tests, and also when loading "Selector" menu, the Graphics drawing ability is so slow its like watching paint dry

I know AROS is not yet complete product, But they really need to speed it up somewhat in terms of booting and drawing graphics, The booting up takes ages, going through the various colours at the beginning, where it checks itself etc, then the actual loading, and using "TYPE" for example, is very slow

Also another thing I have noticed, is when you select a game, I have it clearing the AmigaDOS window and then showing "Loading <game> .." which works in KS1.3/3.1 ofc, But under AROS it just does not perform these steps, so that is obviously another problem with AROS sadly

As well as further, much much earlier testing, that SETMAP does not work at all in AROS - so originally I was going to use KeyMacro which did work, But since finding "Selector" I no longer need to use Setmap/Keymacro methods

Last edited by Amiga600; 02 October 2021 at 20:11.

Page generated in 0.06029 seconds with 11 queries