View Single Post
Old 01 October 2021, 12:40   #35
Antiriad_UK
OCS forever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobbo View Post
Hi

I'm resurrecting this thread because I'm looking to do something alone similar lines.

I have a background thread that's busy doing work as fast as possible.
I also have a frame update thread called from the vertb handler.
The copper is pretty busy so I don't want to use that for blits.
What I'd like is for the frame update to start a queue of blits, which will be continued by a handler each time the blitter finishes, leaving the frame update to do it's thing.

Anyway the suggested method seems to be to put the frame update inside a soft interrupt handler so this frees up the level-3 handler for repondsing to the blitter interrupts.

My main question is if this seems like the most reasonable approach, and if that has been successful for others? I'll certainly give it a try but wanted to hear if anyone run into trouble?

Thanks
There's a thread somewhere on here where I did 3 different approaches for blitting bobs (copper, interrupt, "normal"). And that used a soft int for the main work and blit queue interrupt on lev 3. Worked fine. I thought I'd put the code on github but can't find it. You're welcome to it if I dig it out.

My current framework is mostly lev1 soft int and the copper triggering the lev 1 so that if I ever want to add some blit queue stuff I don't have to redesign.

Page generated in 0.04628 seconds with 11 queries