View Single Post
Old 24 September 2021, 18:05   #30
BSzili
old chunk of coal

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabidgerry View Post
What accelerator are you using yourself?

Ok I can live with that, it's certainly playable I have to say. When you say "warp" do you mean Warp 1260?

I think I will keep that slider low then, just in case.

BTW would increased mb/s have any benefit on performance?
I have an old Apollo 1260 @ 80MHz with 32MB RAM. By Warp I meant the Warp 1260 and Warp 560. Both of these cards have very fast memory, and overclock really well.
For the detail slider I recommend to set it one notch above the lowest setting. That one enables just enough effects to make the game look nice without being too excessive during combat. The lowest setting makes the game too barren in my opinion.

What do you mean by MB/s?
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIGASYSTEM View Post
I recreated the videos with the complete textures, now the game is heavier for emulation on my old DualCore.

Every cloud has a silver lining, the idea of reducing textures could be useful for less powerful Amigas.

AROS One 68k: Blood - Cryptic Passage
[ Show youtube player ]

AfA OneOne: Blood - Cryptic Passage
[ Show youtube player ]
Cryptic Passage's textures don't make a difference in the performance, as removing ART files doesn't "reduce the textures", it just makes the surfaces appear with the wrong texture. Compare the boats at the beginning of CP's first level, and you'll see what I mean. To improve the performance you can lower the game's resolution, which actually has a significant impact on the game's speed.

Page generated in 0.04471 seconds with 11 queries