View Single Post
Old 24 September 2021, 05:33   #273
Bruce Abbott

Quote:
Originally Posted by juen View Post
"Tracker display is very jerky" - can you be more accurate? does anybody still have such feelings of you?
Instead of running continuously it displays the notes for about a second, then pauses for a bit - seems to coincide with network activity (LED on my CNET card's dongle). Perhaps this has something to do with my TCP/IP stack (Roadshow) which might be stealing CPU time from your program. I don't need the note display so if you could provide an option to turn it off that would be fine.

Quote:
the program is still under development. Thanks to the tests of users who use it every day, subsequent errors disappear from it almost every day. I'm not forcing anyone to use it, but thank you for doing it
I appreciate that and the work you have put into it. Sorry if it sounds like I am complaining, but I have a low tolerance for buggy software on the Amiga. We don't have memory protection in the OS so serious bugs tend to slip through unnoticed - destabilizing the system and giving our platform a bad name. As developers we need to avoid sloppy programming that justifies attacking us for using such 'outdated' hardware with 'insecure' OS.

BTW if you have any issues with software I wrote please don't hesitate to tell me about it!

Quote:
during the tests I will be grateful for writing in the first place directly on imp, that's where we can easily share any irregularities
You mean in the chat window? I don't feel happy with that but if you insist...

Page generated in 0.04498 seconds with 11 queries