Old 21 September 2021, 23:27   #6
Polom

Hooooo

Follow up time!

In the Linux Kernel documentation I found the following:

-----
https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/late...tems/affs.html

Overview of Amiga Filesystems

Not all varieties of the Amiga filesystems are supported for reading and writing. The Amiga currently knows six different filesystems:

DOS0
The old or original filesystem, not really suited for hard disks and normally not used on them, either. Supported read/write.
DOS1
The original Fast File System. Supported read/write.
DOS2
The old “international” filesystem. International means that a bug has been fixed so that accented (“international”) letters in file names are case-insensitive, as they ought to be. Supported read/write.
DOS3
The “international” Fast File System. Supported read/write.
DOS4
The original filesystem with directory cache. The directory cache speeds up directory accesses on floppies considerably, but slows down file creation/deletion. Doesn’t make much sense on hard disks. Supported read only.
DOS5
The Fast File System with directory cache. Supported read only.
-----

Knowing that, I changed my partition type with HDInstTool to DOS3.

Now I can mount, read and write from Linux! Goal achieved? Almost.

One problem remains: when I copy files inside FS-UAE from a RDB file disk to the /amiga mount point (my compact flash), I loose the Execute attribute. Since I copied all my AmigaOS system partition that way, my startup-sequence was interrupted at... Setpatch!

I used "protect #? all +e" on the partition and after that it was booting fine but of course, Execute attributes are now spread where they shouldn't be, it would probably never be a problem but still, it's messy.

On https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/late...tems/affs.html I see more information about all attributes but tbh at this stage I don't understand "Why?".

If you guys could shed light on that little mystery, it would be most welcome!

Page generated in 0.05330 seconds with 11 queries